The elimination of smallpox by vaccine opened the immunology world. Since then, immunlogy and virology have made tremendous progress by influencing both. The most recent pandemic, the COVID-19 outbreak, has highlighted the need for the complementary roles of virology and immunology. The journal describes the new discoveries coming from the interaction of these two rapidly advancing fields as follows;
- CTL response against virus
- Production of cytokine, chemokine, and matricellular proteins in virus infection
- Ab production. Neutralizing antibody, Antibody-dependent enhancement.
- Mechanisms of persistent infection (HTLV, HIV, Herpes virus, etc) and immune escape.
- Immune deficiency, immunological abnormality, cytokine storm tumorigenesis, caused by virus
- Vaccine development, Immunotherapy against virus infection.
- Biomarkers, immune diagnosis of Disaster or tropical infectious diseases (dengue, chikungunya, Japanese encephalitis, yellow fever, etc) and Zoonotic infection (Influenza, ebola, COVID-19, etc.)
- Molecular biological analysis of immune interaction between immunity and virus.
- Infection and immunity for virus and other important pathogens.